ASAP! has a number of aims and purposes. We exist in order to:
- CELEBRATE the streets of our towns and cities as the perfect places for a wide range of cultural and community activities.
- BUILD positive relationships between street artists and performers and the relevant local authorities in the places they perform, with the intention of protecting the rights of artists and performers to make their living unencumbered by unnecessary and restrictive regulations.
- RAISE awareness amongst members of the public about what street artists and street performers do, and of the many reasons why they do what they do.
- INFORM street artists and performers about their rights and their responsibilities.
- ADVISE, support and train artists and performers from a wide variety of backgrounds, should they choose, on how to get the most out of performing in the public context.